CARING FOR YOUR JEWELLERY
925 STERLING SILVER
925 Sterling Silver is an alloy made of 92.5% pure silver and 7.5% copper.
HOW TO CARE FOR STERLING SILVER JEWELRY:
- Sterling silver jewellery will oxidize when exposed to the elements, so remove your silver jewellery before exercising, washing your hands, using cleaning products or showering.
- Avoid begging your perfume, creams and hair products on your silver jewellery.
- To clean tarnished sterling silver jewellery, polish gently with a silver cloth.
- Store in a safe, dry place when not worn to protect them from the elements of daily exposure.
18K GOLD PLATED
Our gold plated jewellery is made up on 925 sterling silver coated in 18 carat gold. The sterling silver means the pieces are strong and long lasting, while the 18 carat gold plating gives them a lasting elegance and shine.
HOW TO CARE FOR 18K GOLD PLATED JEWELLERY:
- Avoid getting your jewellery wet wherever possible.
- Always remove your gold plated jewellery before exercising, washing your hands or showering.
- Apply perfumes, creams and hair care products before wearing your gold plated pieces.
- To clean gold plated jewellery, buff gently with a dry cloth.
- When not worn, store your piece in a safe, dry place to protect it from the elements of daily exposure.
Moissanite is one of the most durable gemstones used in jewellery, second only to diamonds. It is very hard (Mohs 9.25), highly scratch resistant and handles rough exposure exceptionally well.
However, like all gemstones, proper maintenance is required to keep the stone sparkling at its best. Maintaining a moissanite gemstone is fairly easy and with these few common sense tips, you’ll be able to keep your moissanite sparkling through the ages.
Keep things simple. One of the best ways to clean moissanite jewellery is to use a mild unscented soap, warm water and either a soft cloth or toothbrush. Place the moissanite jewellery in the soapy solution, then gently brush the stone, taking care to get into the hard to reach areas. Once cleaned, rinse thoroughly to get rid of any soapy residue.
Dry the moissanite jewellery well on a lint-free cloth.